Thursday 21 March 2013

Behind the scenes of the album cover photoshoot

This picture shows the first clothing option we had. I chose a blouse that was like the Taylor Swift album cover and a grey skater skirt. I chose this outfit as I wanted to reflect the girly-ness of the artist. I wanted to use a white blouse to bring out the colour of her lipstick and hair colour a lot more.






This is the second clothing option for my photoshoot. In this clothing option a black skater skirt is used instead of a grey one. I wanted to use a black skater skirt to match the black love heart on the blouse. The skater skirt was again used to reflect her girly-ness. Skater skirts are very popular among teenaged girls and therefore I wanted to use an item of clothing that would be popular with the target audience.
 
 
 
 
 
This is the third option of clothing. The t-shirt is again white but I wanted to use long sleeves for the option as the blouse had short sleeves. I also wanted to keep this clothing option simple without having a detail on either the top of skirt. I again used the black skater skirt.

 
These were the makeup products used to create the overall look. I kept her makeup as minimalistic as possible with a red lip like the Taylor Swift album cover.

 
My model and music video performer chose to do her own makeup as she is a Level One makeup artist after passing hair and beauty course during her time at high school. Shaunna prefers to do her own makeup. I showed her the overall look I wanted her to achieve and explained each part of the look and she created it for me. However, Shaunna did ask that she apply a light gloss to the red lipstick which wasn't in the original image but I decided to let her as she said it would make it look better and I trust her opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment