Friday 15 March 2013

Making my webpage



I have decided to use WiX web design as a place to design my final webpage. It's free, quick and easy and offers alot of help for those who need it. It's easy to sign up to, all is needed is an email address and a password and for you to choose a layout design based on a theme. I like the layout of WiX as it's easy to follow and simple to do.
 
 
This is the second stage after creating an account. This stage asks you to chose a template design based on the purpose of the webpage. After I'd clicked 'Entertainment' and 'Band or Artsist' I was directed to this page were I had to pick a web design.
 
 
After clicking my web design I was taken to the layout of my webpage. WiX loaded it which didn't take long and I was free to start editing. The layout loaded and I was offered to watch a video explaining how to start editing.
 
 
I started my editing by looking at the 'info' part of the navigator systems. I am also going to edit the homepage, info, contact and gallery section of my webpage.
 
 
Whilst creating my webpage 'info' navigator I released that I needed to come up with a previous album name and therefore used google to find an 'album name generator' I was located to this site (http://www.songname.net/names.html) to generate an album name to which I came up with 'A Sense Of Happiness'.
 
This is the first draft of my infortmation page on my webpage. I have created an information pack based on my made up artist 'Ella'. If this changes I will be able to edit the information page to save the changes.
 
 


This is me editing my 'Latest News' forum to update fans about the latest news of my artist. WiX makes it easy to do as it provides many options for me to change the colour and font of the text and to provide clear headings.
 
 
I have edited the 'Tour News' part of the homepage. I have included 3 seperate concerts other than Ella's tour and have also included a seperate box for her specific tour dates.

This is my first edited draft of my tour page on my website. I like the use of the flags as visual imagery and I also like the descriptions used in the tour news info section. The images are all found images and have been blogged on a seperate post. 
 
 
On my blog there was a navigator for a 'contact' page. I decided, because of research into webpages, that I was going to change the contact page into a chairty page. I researched some charites and came up with the chairty 'Pencils of Promise' as I am a follower of the chairty. The idea of me having a chairty page appealed to me more as not many of the webpages I had looked into had a contacts page but all had a charity page.
 
For the artists social network page I googled 'Create a fake tweet' in order to present a tweet sent by the artist via her twitter account.
The website I used to make a fake tweet.
 
 
This image shows the edited version on my 'Music' page. For this page I added an albums listing of the tracks on the album. I also added a download page were I added my download image from iTunes of my album on the 'top downloades' page. I am going to add a buy album option.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jasmine! It’s great that you have found a web design and hosting site that you were able to like and easily understood the process. I like the album name you chose too! I think it somehow reflects your personality as a happy and positive person. I hope to see your final web page soon!

    Darryl Tay

    ReplyDelete